A new Population Plan to effectively manage Australia’s future population came into effect on 01 July 2019. The Plan directly affects the Australian migration scheme, in particular applicants who are overseas students or temporary residents.
The Population plan will;
- Ease the population pressures on Australia’s big capitals and support the growth of smaller cities and regions;
- Provide better planning mechanism with states and territories.
- Introduce strong incentives for new international students with
- A new $94 million scholarship program to study in the regional areas
- Destination Australia program will also provide 4,720 scholarships
- Students studying outside of the big capitals to receive an extra year of post-study work rights.
- Connecting communities
- Encouraging people out of major cities and into regional areas, helping regional communities to fill employment gaps and grow their economies
Complete a Free Assessment today for a commitment-free evaluation to find out more.