There are likely to be around 886,000 more jobs by 2023 and the top industries for the expected jobs growth are in:
- Health Care and Social Assistance
- Education and Training
- Professional, Scientific and Technical Services
- Marketing and Advertising
- Hospitality (food preparation)
Reasons for expected jobs growth include:
- An ageing population and shifting demographics and reliance on Australia’s National Disability Insurance Scheme.
- Growing demand for health therapy, health diagnostics, midwifery and nursing and home-care based services.
- Capital investment in infrastructure.
- Evolving computer system design and changing priorities in the management and consulting services sectors.
- Increased involvement in sport at all levels.
- Resilience to increasing job automation.
- Strong demand for qualified food technicians and food delivery services.
- Strong domestic and international tourism.
- A changing emphasis on continuous learning such as adult and community education, employment educational support and private tutoring.
- Growing demand for childcare and child education.