The Department of Immigration recently updated the Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL). These occupations fill critical skills needs that will support Australia’s economic recovery from COVID-19.
Employer-sponsored visa and nomination applications on this list are PRIORITY processed. Please note that all other skilled occupation lists remain active also.
It is expected that, as Australia’s recovery from the pandemic gathers pace, the list of priority occupations will grow, as an acute labour shortage is expected.
The Current Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List
- Chief Executive or Managing Director (111111)
- Construction Project Manager (133111)
- Mechanical Engineer (233512)
- Veterinarian (234711)
- General Practitioner (253111)
- Resident Medical Officer (253112)
- Psychiatrist (253411)
- Medical Practitioner nec (253999)
- Midwife (254111)
- Registered Nurse (Aged Care) (254412)
- Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency) (254415)
- Registered Nurse (Medical) (254418)
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health) (254422)
- Registered Nurse (Perioperative) (254423)
- Registered Nurses nec (254499)
- Developer Programmer (261312)
- Software Engineer (261313)
- Social Worker (272511)
- Maintenance Planner (312911)
Applicants (and employers) can also request a travel exemption to enter Australia during the current border closures.
Other skilled & general visa applicants in categories such as State/Territory Nominated visa or Regional programs (and remember that all parts of Australia except Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne are regional), appear to be processed urgently too.
Begin your journey down under with a Free Assessment. Just click HERE, complete your submission, and we’ll assess your immigration eligibility.