The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) allow employers in regional or low population growth areas in Australia who have been unable to fill a skilled position from the local labour market to sponsor overseas workers and professionals.
Under the RSMS, employers can fill vacancies by nominating skilled workers and professionals from overseas or temporary residents already in Australia. The RSMS gives sponsored migrant employees and their dependant family member’s permanent residence.
- The employment vacancy must be full-time and must be certified by a Regional Certifying Body.
- The vacancy must provide working conditions that are no less favourable than provided for under the relevant Australian legislation and awards
- The position be a highly skilled occupation that is on the Employer Nomination Scheme Occupation List
- The vacant position must meet the minimum salary level for RSMS.
- The applicant must demonstrate they have the appropriate skills, qualifications and/or experience to fill the position
- Applicants must meet any mandatory licensing, registration or professional membership requirements.
- Applicants must be under 45 years of age
- Applicants must have Vocational English language ability.
Please contact us if you would like further information regarding an RSMS visa.