Medical Professionals in the UK
Things you need to know
- Medicals professionals are currently in high demand in Australia. There are excellent career opportunities whether you want to emigrate to Australia, or just stay for a few years.
- Whether you have a high level of skills and experience or need to gain additional skills, there is a visa to suit you.
- Most visa applications for medical professionals receive priority processing.
- You can come to Australia independently, and look for work, or arrange a job with an employer before you leave.
- You can be sponsored by an employer or apply independently when you are here.
- You can apply for permanent residence in a regional area of Australia (which is now all areas of Australia except Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne, so don’t forget that Perth and the Gold Coast are now regarded as regional).
Australian medical professionals in UK have many opportunities to advance their career in Australia however, you can also study a relevant course in Australia to ‘kick-off’ your career as a medical professional in one of the major fields of becoming a medical professional.
Medical professionals in UK have significantly increased opportunities in Australia because for one they ‘speak the language’ and two the skills level and training of professionals are similar.
Skills you should have before applying to practice medicine in Australia:
If you are an Australian medical professional in UK and planning to work on a permanent/temporary basis you need to make sure have the following things:
- Appropriately qualified and experienced professional skills.
- An appropriate level of English language (test will be required).
- An appropriate time working as a skilled professional (including recent work).
- Other specific requirements which no doubt you will meet (considering your professionalism).
If you are planning to apply in the category of Australian nurse visasor as an Australian Doctor your skills and experience must be assessed by an Australian assessment authority. Applicants who have had their qualifications and skills assessed are then required to undertake a Competency Based Assessment Program to determine the equivalence of their skills and qualifications with those of Australian trained specialists.
If you are planning to apply for an Australian visa as a medical professional in UKyour medical degree, qualification and skills will be in high demand and considered a high priority.
Medical professionals who are unsure of the visa guidelines and processes are helped thoroughly to realise their desire of migrating to Australia. If you are an Australian medical professional in UK and seeking work and employment opportunities in Australia please contact the professionals at ASC Migration.